Myself with the shop assistant at
Vivienne Westwood’s World’s End, 430 King’s Road, London.
Vivienne Westwood is one of my key
influences. Above is sketchbook work, a double-page spread from Claire Wilcox’s
‘Vivienne Westwood’ and part of the lookbooks I received from World’s End. All images in my sketchbook seen here are from 'Vivienne Westwood' by Claire Wilcox.
I find Malcolm McLaren’s partnership with
Westwood inspirational in terms of combining music with fashion. Above is the
‘WITCHES’ A/W 1983-4 collection from ‘Vivienne Westwood’ by Claire Wilcox.
Below it is my double-page about Malcolm McLaren and his impact on the designs.
Content source: ‘Subculture: The Meaning of Style’ by Dick Hebdige.
Known image sources (from top left of sketchbook): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Content source: ‘Subculture: The Meaning of Style’ by Dick Hebdige.
Known image sources (from top left of sketchbook): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
I am strongly influenced by bold colours,
whether they be fluorescent or in a Pop Art style. I also like the idea of
using one striking colour amongst a more neutral colour, for example, electric
blue with black. The
top left is my own Pop Art piece. All other images on
this board are works by Andy Warhol sourced from the internet.
I am influenced by how experimental Zandra Rhodes can be with her designs. Alexander McQueen and Jean Paul Gaultier influence me likewise. The examples of Rhodes’ work included above reflect this as well as her experimental work with Queen as observed on the BBC’s ‘Oh, You Pretty Things’.
Image sources: 'Zandra Rhodes: A Lifelong Love Affair With Textiles' by Zandra Rhodes and http://www.zandrarhodes.com/collections





No comments:
Post a Comment